Master of Arts
in European Studies
Minimum Language RequirementDue to the importance of English as an academic language, every student is required during their course of study to complete at least one course in English (6 ECTS).
Additional "Mehrsprachigkeit/Multilingual" Certificate
As the Master‘s Degree Programme explicitly advocates the multilingual nature of a culturally diverse Europe, lectures will be offered in a variety of foreign languages. Students who immerse themselves in academic study taught in foreign languages, are able to gain the “Mehrsprachigkeit/Multilingual” Certificate, if the following criteria are fulfilled:
- At least 24 ECTS Points in at least 4 modules taught in foreign languages must be obtained.
- At least two foreign languages must be studied and at least 6 ECTS Points obtained for each Module
- If only two foreign languages are taken to gain the „Mehrsprachigkeit“ Qualification, 12 ECTS Points must be gained in each language.
- If a student studies in more than three foreign languages then only 6 ECTS Points must be obtained in each language.
- Students are able to attend lectures in all offered languages.