Colloquium multilingualism, migration and minorities
Since 1991: Research colloquium “migration and minorities” (Migration und Minderheiten)
(The 125th. colloquium "migration and minorities" took place during the winter semester (ws) of 2019/20).
Since ws 2020/21: Research colloquium "multilingualism, migration and minorities" (Mehrsprachigkeit, Migration und Minderheiten).
The colloquium addresses the issue of multilingualism, migration and minorities from the perspective of sociolinguistics and the social sciences. Both European and non-European groups of migrants and minorities – in the past and today – will be subject to the colloquium, particularly with regard to the question of language contact and linguistic integration of those groups in Europe. Preferably, the seminar deals with work in progress. It is organised in the form of a block seminar where presentations of emerging or finished research projects are given (for instance bachelor and master thesis or dissertations), as well as lectures held by invited guests.
For 25 years, the colloquium has been a fixed event in the calendar of the university, initially starting at the Free University Berlin (1991-1993) and moving on to the European-University Viadrina in 1993, when Prof. em. Harald Weydt and Dr. Peter Rosenberg switched to Frankfurt/Oder. At first, the colloquium was held in small groups of students in Schlaubetal, a beautiful river valley nearby the city. The number of students grew continuously, and since 2010 more than 1.000 participants (including students, guest lecturers and guests) have taken part in the colloquium.
Overview: Every colloquium at the Professorial Chair from 1991 until 2017
- 129th colloquium on 22. October, 05. November 2021 and 21. January 2022 (ws 2021/22 hybrid)
- 128th colloquium on 16. April, 07. May, 04. June and 02. July 2021 (ss 2021 online)
- 127th colloquium on 6. and 13. November 2020 & 08. Januar 2021 (ws 2020/21 online)
- 126th colloquium on 15. May, 19. June and 10. July 2020 (ss 2020 online)
- 125th colloquium on 13./14. December 2019
- 124th colloquium on 08./09. November 2019
- 123th colloquium on 05./06. July 2019
- 122th colloquium on 7./10. May 2019
- 121th colloquium on 25./26. January 2019
- 80th-120th colloquium 2008 till 2018