International Cooperation and Student Exchange
The Europa University Viadrina has striven to become more and more international in its teaching and research activities. Within the Faculty of Cultural Science this development has been a considerable one, and the Chair of Comparative Politics has been no exception. In addition to various research projects organised with international themes at their core, the following points are of particular note with regards to our research activities:
• Cooperation within international research networks and with partners abroad;
• Procurement of funding for international projects;
• International visibility for our research in relevant publications, in particular globally recognised journals and publications in foreign languages
• Participation at international academic conferences and the organisation of similar events at the Viadrina
• Engagement in research abroad and welcoming foreign researchers to the faculty
In the spirit of the founding principles of the Viadrina, our research on Europe lies at the heart of such an internationalisation, although the “rest of the world” has not been left out in the process.
The Chair of Comparative Politics maintains academic partnerships with the following universities for the purpose of allowing students the chance to carry out periods of study abroad:
• University of Amsterdam (Netherlands)
• University of Liège (Belgium)
• Sciences Po, Paris (France)
• University of Fribourg (Switzerland)
• University of Florence (Italy)
• ELTE Budapest (Hungary)
• Galatasaray University, Istanbul (Turkey)
• American University, Washington, D.C.
• George Washington University, Center for European and Eurasian Studies, Washington, D.C.
• University of California, Berkeley, California
Information on the following exchange programmes and the application process can be found on the website of the International Office.